Saturday, November 8, 2008

Barack Obama's Safety

I hope that Barack Obama and his family will be safe. I'm sure there are many of us who have fears that someone will try to assasinate him. I hate to throw this dreadful thought out there amid all the renewed hope that his election has inspired but I just came across an article which is chilling if accurate. And sadly, it comes as no surprise.

The Secret Service warned the Obama family in mid October that they had seen a dramatic increase in the number of threats against the Democratic candidate, coinciding with Mrs. Palin's attacks.

I'm not posting this to fuel anger at Palin. The threat will be there with or without her irresponsible and inexcusable remarks linking Obama to terrorism. I'm posting this with the hope that if you are a praying person, you'll keep Obama and his family and our entire nation in your prayers.

2 comments:

avoiceinthewilderness said...

I also fear for his safety - especially since he appears to be trying to actually help people, which historically makes a lot of enemies.
Don't worry, you really couldn't make me dislike Sarah Palin any more than I already do.

ed notes online said...

This is especially frightening for those of us who lived through the Kennedys/King days of the 60's. I often get the same chill I felt then. Robert Kennedy laying there on the floor in the kitchen. It just seems like these people are almost impossible to stop. A friend feels the biggest problem are rogue cops who can get close.